[Wolves] Memory identification..

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 10:21:30 BST 2005

Is there a program that I can run in Linux (SuSE, Ubuntu/Kubuntu or
Vector) that will give me a run down in specification of the memory
installed in a PC.  I sorted some bits out last night and am now at
the heady heights of 132mb of RAM in the old, old PC that I've
resurrected.  But I would like to know whether I've mixed PC66, PC100
and PC133.  It's quite possible that I have as there are now two
different sizes of DIMM with a matched pair (16mb each) of SIMMs.

Secondly...is there anywhere that I can get cheap old DIMMS (PC 100 or
better still PC133) of reasonable size?  I'd like to get some 128mb
DIMMS to put in the beast or even 256mb.  512mb DIMMs would be good
but I very much doubt I could get any let alone afford them.  Any
ideas?
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street