[Wolves] Any ideas please?

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 09:38:44 BST 2005

On 29/09/05, Alan Pope <alan.pope at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 29/09/05, Kevanf1 <kevanf1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Earlier today I posted stating I was unable to get onto a website.
> > Well, Adam went straight in so I thought oh, must be then.  I tried to
> > get onto the site (www.linuxformat.co.uk) from both my Windows tin and
> > my Linux tin.  Neither will get there.  So, having used two separate
> > PCs I have ruled out antispyware/antivirus software and the firewalls
> > on both PCs.  I have tried using Firefox, Opera and IE.  I have just
> > got a friend who uses the same ISP as myself (same package) to try the
> > site and he can get on straight away.  So now I'm rather stumped.  I
> > could get on no problem yesterday but today...... nope.  Any
> > suggestions as to where I might look next?  I have not made any
> > changes to my router etc and all other sites are found without any
> > trouble.
>
> DNS trouble?
>
> Can you resolve the hostname www.linuxformat.co.uk using tools like
> "host" or "dig"?
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

Quick report back.  Baza, cheers :-)  I rebooted the router (pulled
the power plug actually) and tried....bang, in straight away.  I'm now
left wondering why did this happen and on only one website???

Alan.  'Host' & 'Dig'?  How do I go about using them?  I think I've
heard of Dig before but I may have it confused with an search tool?
Please, can you give me some more information on them?  Thank you :-)
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street
Cheslyn Hay