[Wolves] X.org files?

SimonB SimonB at geek-web.co.uk
Fri Sep 30 23:08:43 BST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: wolves-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk
[mailto:wolves-bounces at mailman.lug.org.uk] On Behalf Of Kevanf1
Sent: 30 September 2005 22:28
To: Wolverhampton Linux User Group
Subject: [Wolves] X.org files?

Can anybody tell me which file holds the configuration data for the
default x.org settings?  I appear to be running a 600X400 screen and
it's awful...but I don't know where to change it.  I did manage to get
runlevel 5 starting by default though :-)))  It's on another Vector
install.  This time a new PC which doesn't want to play....odd, the
old one went on lovely...hmmmm.  Anyway, any ideas?

The file should be xorg.conf and it could be in /etc/X11/ its set out pretty
much the same as the xfree86 cfg stuff, but it should be there.

Cheers,
SimonB