[Wolves] Sharing a printer without a computer

Stuart Langridge sil at kryogenix.org
Wed Apr 5 08:18:07 BST 2006

> > Yes, the device you need is a network print server.  A single printer
> > device (about the size of a fag packet) should cost about GBP 30-40.
> > Checkout D-link (DP-101 I think) and Netgear (PS-100, again from memory).
> >
> Just realised this will not solve the printer driver problem.  What
> printer is it? You might do better to scrap it and get a printer that is
> supported.  You might recover the cost within 12 months on the
> consumables.

I assumed there'd be something that did it. :)

It's a very good Sharp photocopier and printer that cost me £100 on
special offer. I'd like not to have to scrap it if I don't have to...

--
sil

<Cl0ckwork> i hate it when explorer crashes, losing my system tray,
and irc is minized to it
<slick> I hate when I kick a dog and then the owner see's me and I
have to kill him