[Wolves] Re: Sharing a printer without a computer

Alan Pope alan.pope at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 14:09:20 BST 2006

On 05/04/06, Stuart Langridge <sil at kryogenix.org> wrote:
> > Does the printer not emulate *any* other printer? Most oddball
> > printers I've met in the past will at least pretend to be a PCL-5, IBM
> > Proprinter or ESC/2 printer?
>
> Cor, dunno. How would I find that out? It's a Sharp AL-1452, for reference.

Google?

I just googled the model and the word "emulation" and found a german
site that indicates it's PCL-6 compatible. That would make it able to
pretend to be some kind of modern HP LaserJet.

Check out the front panel controls? Web interface in the printer? to
see if there's some way to turn "on" emulation.

Cheers,
Al.