[Wolves] MS tightens the screw

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Thu Apr 6 10:55:35 BST 2006

Peter Cannon wrote:

>I think I need to make it clear I don't have the rabid hatred for Microsoft
>that others do, 98% of my working day is selling MS based solutions.

I don't hate their products. I hate their business practices and I think
you are heading in the same direction Pete. I felt exactly the same
about IBM when they had a monopoly. Market share corrupts. Didn't HP
give evidence to the European Comminsion that Microsoft had leaned on
them when they first started shipping Linux laptops?

Microsoft used to claim that most machines without an OS were being
loaded with pirated copies of Windows but now every copy has to be
registered when it is installed and updates are monitored what is their
excuse?

I guess Apple can get away with it because they have complete control of
their channels. I wonder if Microsoft will support Apple forcing someone
who wants to run XP on a Mac Mini to buy a copy of OS X that they don't
want.

Woo