[Wolves] Re: MS tightens the screw

Stuart Langridge stuart.langridge at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 10:07:53 BST 2006

On 4/7/06, Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm not legally qualified and I doubt anyone on this list is either, to
> argue
> the finer technical legal issues. However if a manufacturer says "look you
> can become a reseller of my product but you can only sell my product" that
> may be restrive practice but I would have thought the defense was "Look they
> don't have to sell our product if they don't want".

More to the point, that's not really what MS say. What they say is
"You can resell Windows, and you get to buy it for OEM prices; if you
start selling Linux machines then you have to pay retail price for
Windows."

--
sil

<Cl0ckwork> i hate it when explorer crashes, losing my system tray,
and irc is minized to it
<slick> I hate when I kick a dog and then the owner see's me and I
have to kill him