[Wolves] printing on Ubuntu

Baza baza at themauvezone.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Apr 12 01:19:11 BST 2006

I'm having all sorts of problems getting a printer working with my
Ubuntu Breezy box. It's a Lexmark or some fancy new type, it's a HP
Deskjet 500c. It's not been detected on the parallel port by the
printer config thingy. I've tried setting it manually with all of the
driver options given, but none of them work. Either nothing happens
or it prints page after page of junk.

I've had this printer working under Suse and Mandrake in the past so
have no idea why Ubuntu dislikes it so much.

Advice and ideas welcome.
Site http://walkertopia.com
Blog http://walkertopia.com/blog
BBS <soon>