[Wolves] selling Linux

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 12 16:28:26 BST 2006

--- Baza <baza at themauvezone.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

> I've been extolling the virtues of Linux to a
> windows using friend.
> They said they could not switch because they need
> Shockwave MX and
> Dreamweaver. Are there any linux apps that do the
> same job as good as
> these?

The short answer is no. The long answer includes
telling your friend to run Dreamwveaver under
Crossover Office or trying to use Nvu.

By Shockwave do you mean the browser plugin or the
Macromedia Director authoring package? I don't believe
there is a shockwave plugin for Linux, but Director is
supported by Crossover like rest of the Macromedia
Studio MX suite (check for versions before blindly
telling your friend).

However, I doubt your friend wants to either

a) Move operating systems in the first place
b) Pay for a 3rd piece of software to allow him to do
what he or she already does under Windows.

However you may be able to get them to think about
moving when it comes to paying for a Windows Vista
license.

Ad

--

http://www.drinky.org.uk