[Wolves] Ubuntulite

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 13:45:02 BST 2006

On 18/04/06, David Morley <davmor2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> If your desparate to try it there are currently two ways.  1st is the
> cd which is in the next couple of days going to beta status which
> might be the problem. (Ubuntu is showing Beta status desktop today.
>
> The second is to install ubuntu server once this is installed type
> sudo nano /etc/apt/source.list and # the cd line un# the universe
> lines press Ctrl-x then y then enter.  Then type sudo apt-get update,
> the sudo apt-get install xubuntu-desktop gdm.  This should then give
> you the Xubuntu which I believe is the Ubuntulite of which you speak.
>
> It is a nice enough destop to use once you get used to it there are a
> few quirks to get used though.  But only as much as there are between
> kde and gnome.
>

> --

Ah, I had seen a HOWTO on installing it from the full Ubuntu distro -
I've got a pile of 5.10 CDs still even though I've given loads away
:-)  However, I don't think it is Xubuntu.  Xubuntu uses the Xfce
desktop but this Ubuntulite uses something else.  Possibly ICEWm.  The
last time I looked there was a dedicated Xubuntu site which is why I
am doubtful about it.

I'll do some more digging.  Cheers though :-)
Xmas may be over but,  PLEASE DON'T drink and drive you'll make it to
the next one that way.

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay