[Wolves] iFolders

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Tue Apr 25 12:53:25 BST 2006

On Tuesday 25 April 2006 11:54, David Goodwin wrote:

> I thought iFolder gave you far more than a simple 'rsync' - does it
> not have conflict negotiation?

Yes

> I also thought it operated over HTTP..... although I could be wrong,
> I've never used it.

That's the bit I need to get working if my understanding is correct then you
can have something along the lines of Apples .Mac solution.

At the moment its syncing with a folder/s that are in 'My Documents' you can
share the web/server ones so I don't know yet if you just get access to them
or they will sync/copy to your /home/whoever directory.

If they copy over to /home/whoever then that seems a bit silly to me as you
might just as well set up remote access to the server.

I'm sticking with it as its a good learning exercise.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon
Jabber:highwayman.turpin at gmail.com