[Wolves] Ubuntu Derivatives

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Mon Aug 14 21:00:25 BST 2006

Evening All

Before I start let me say I have been converted with regards to Ubuntu. I
think its a very good desktop distribution I especially think its ideal for
the new user.

I read the proliphic blogger 'Seb' a few moments ago he posted an article
regarding 'Ubuntu Linux Christian Edition'
http://www.sebpayne.com/2006/08/13/some-people/

Now I looked at Ubuntu Lite theres KUbuntu, EdUbuntu etc etc. Offshoots are
fine but surely this is starting to get a bit stupid now? I remember someone
on this list telling me two or three years ago that its perfectly legitimate
to say stick your name on a release 'Cannon-Linux?' but in the long run IMHO
it starts to have an adverse effect on the Mother Project

Thoughts, Rants and comments to the usual address.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon