[Wolves] Ubuntu Derivatives

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Tue Aug 15 14:28:13 BST 2006

On Tuesday 15 August 2006 14:09, Alan Pope wrote:

> There you go, same kind of thing as Debian, 5 CDs plus an add-on CD.
>
> With Ubuntu you get one CD (for your release of choice).

Hold the phone, this is a totally differnet issue this is about "Ubuntu is
better because theres less CD's"

> If they continue to stick to the "one cd per release" then they're never
> going to have room for ubuntu/kubuntu/xubuntu on one CD are they?

So why not do an Ubuntu base CD with KDE & Gnome on another CD? and before you
say cost that's silly because there is already loads of different CD's
available.

> If they go DVD then they could put them all on and then it won't be that
> different from SUSE or Debian.

Um so are you saying the only differentiating factor from the rest of the
herd is the fact that Ubuntu comes on 1 CD? I honestly don't think you
believe that?

--
Regards
Peter Cannon