[Wolves] Teminal & Mysql questions

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Wed Aug 16 11:44:54 BST 2006

Hi All

I'm trying to have a look at Covide http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/covide

Looks a pretty good CRM package

The two help files aren't brilliant in my opinion I've already spotted a
couple of typical "I know what I mean" mistakes, anyway I'm working through
it.

I'm logged in remotely to my server via ssh and need a bit of help.

1. Whats the command to cp all the contents of a folder (including sub
folders) to a folder in another location?

I did
#cd covide-6.1
#cp -R *.* /var/covide_files/covide

But it did not copy over the folders .beagle ect I want to copy everything
inside the covide-6.1 folder

2. In Mysql I've created a database 'Contacts'  is it permissible to add
the 'username' and 'password' prior to importing the covide.sql tables file?

--
Regards
Peter Cannon

"There is every excuse for not knowing