[Wolves] Teminal & Mysql questions

ronan at footle.com ronan at footle.com
Wed Aug 16 11:51:47 BST 2006

Quoting Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.co.uk>:

> 1. Whats the command to cp all the contents of a folder (including sub
> folders) to a folder in another location?
>
> I did
> #cd covide-6.1
> #cp -R *.* /var/covide_files/covide
>
> But it did not copy over the folders .beagle ect I want to copy everything
> inside the covide-6.1 folder

I think you might be after something like:

cp -dr /path/to/first/directory /var/covide_files/covide

> 2. In Mysql I've created a database 'Contacts'  is it permissible to add
> the 'username' and 'password' prior to importing the covide.sql tables file?

As far as I'm aware, entirely - the contents of a database are
independent of any usernames and passwords assigned to that database
(which are stored in table 'users' of the special 'mysql' database).

Ronan