[Wolves] VMPlayer Etc

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Mon Aug 21 13:24:02 BST 2006

On Monday 21 August 2006 13:11, Ian Harper wrote:

> I get it - but easier and also more secure (less open ports) against
> hackers. We currently have to do it a different way - just hope it comes
> back into vmplayer - was in early versions - dropped with latest one.

I think it was dropped because it corrupted the drive (something like that
anyway), where would the shared folder be? Again just being nosy, I'm a bit
confused as the shared folder is in effect the same as a shared drive.

The idea was that if you had a standalone PC you needed a way of transferring
stuff from host to guest you on the other hand have network capability so
a 'shared folder' is slightly redundant.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon

"There is every excuse for not knowing