[Wolves] Brumcon 06 ---- ANNOUNCEMENT

Re-LoaD reload at brum2600.net
Wed Aug 23 10:00:00 BST 2006

BRUMCON 06

7th October 2006

Thistle Birmingham Edgbaston
225 Hagley Road, Edgbaston
Birmingham. B16 9RY

Call For Speakers <--- Barbie ? --->

If you're interested in speaking at BrumCon 06 then please contact us at
brumcon6 at brum2600.net with details of your proposed talk. The length of the
talk will depend on the number of speakers, but generally should be between
30-60 minutes. If you feel that you need more than an hour, talk to us and
we'll arrange something for you :)

Topics of particular interest:
Hacking/Security related talks
Phreaking/Telephony related talks
Wireless (Bluetooth, GSM, 802.11, Radio, Satellite) communications
Cool stuff

Entry from 11am Talks Start 12 noon.

BrumCon is a semi regular (ok regular) event organised by Brum2600
regulars, featuring a
wide variety of talks, discussion, demos and most importantly, alcohol.
Incorrectly
but neatly dubbed a 'blackhat thinktank' by NTK (www.ntk.net), The
Register - 'We have your water supply, and printers', BBC Midlands Today -
'Spooky' and by you lot as the UK's biggest underground Hacker con.
We welcome all kinds of phreaks, geeks and other technologically interested
people from all sides of the fence (as long as hats, badges and warrants are
left at the door).
The entrance fee this year again stays at 5 UK Pounds per delegate
(Again F M how do
we do it ?). This year by request we are introducing a corporate pack that
includes entrance, T-shirt and receipt all for an amazingly low price
contact us at brumcon6 at brum2600.net to book.

Travel :-

Bus instructions:
Go to the row of bus stops outside of Snow Hill Station. The stops are all
well labelled.

The buses available to the hotel are the 9,109,139 running about every 3
mins. Ticket cost will about £1.10. A taxi should cost about £5.00.

The journey will take about 5-10 mins depending on traffic, the hotel is on
the right hand side and has a distinctive look.

For those driving there is a car park on site.
The hotel is not far from Snowhill or New Street Station.

Web :-

http://www.brum2600.net/brumcon6

Brum2600 Staff