[Wolves] Nsa using linux

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 18:37:37 BST 2006

On 25/08/06, Shane M. Coughlan <shane at shaneland.co.uk> wrote:

> Kevanf1 wrote:
> > If you ever watch the US counter terrorist tv programme called '24'
> > look closely at the computer screens.  Not a Microsoft desktop in
> > sight, they are all Linux :-)
>
> Yes, but please don't put regarding SELinux as something secret or
> developed by a secret agency.
>
> 1) The NSA is not secret.  Some of their activity is classified, some of
> it is not.  SELinux is an example of a project that is not classified.
>
> 2) SELinux is not a military/covert operating system.  It is quite
> literally Security Enhanced Linux, designed to improve the default
> security of Linux systems.
>
> 3) TV shows are not connected with what people do in real environments.
>
> 4) This stuff can help everyone, not just people who need to have their
> operating system orange book certified.
>
> Shane

I entirely agree that it is for everybody, there was good articel
about both SELinux and AppArmor in Linux Magazine a couple of issues
ago.

But please, I did not state that it was in any way secret.  That was
down to the original poster who was simply misinformed :-(
Don't take it to the tip recycle it via the Freecycle(R) Network.

For a group near to you look here:
Worldwide
http://www.freecycle.org/

United Kingdom