Debian Etch (Was Re: [Wolves] Nsa using linux)

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Mon Aug 28 14:22:27 BST 2006

On Monday 28 August 2006 13:23, David Goodwin wrote:

> > The following have unmet dependencies
> > php5-pear: Depends: php5-cli but it is not going to be installed
> > php5-pgsql: Depends: phpapi-20051025
> > php5-common (= 5.1.4-0.1) but 5.1.6-0.dotdeb.1 is to beinstalled
>
> Ubuntu Dapper has all the packages you could require (from what i can
> see). Using external repositories like dotdeb can work; but it can
> also fail, especially if you're using a moving target (e.g. etch).

Nope tried that (Still have the Ubuntu.VM actually) all went horribly wrong, I
lost an eye on that one :)

I've tried loading it on; CentOS, SuSE, Ubuntu, Woody, Sarge and Etch. Lost a
right arm and all the toes on my left foot with those attempts.

> (I can't see a php5-tidy in dapper... is this a requirement or an
> optional extra?)

Dunno but its in the list of bits to install so in it goes.

The most annoying bit is I could get the login screen on one of the attempts I
made but like a complete tosser I deleted the machine in temper now I cant
get back to that level again.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon