[Wolves] Acer Laptop and wireless connection

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 29 19:33:31 BST 2006

Thanks for that Peter. For the benefit of those who are using Acer Travelmate laptop, there is a light on the front of the laptop to indicate that the wireless connection is active, this is also a switch which appears to be OS operated! You can guess which OS can do it. Having said that whilst SuSE is booting up the light come on and remains on inspite of operating the switch and it does not seem to stop the connection on or off. So I would guess that it is a motherboard driver issue.

Mo

Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.co.uk> wrote: On Monday 28 August 2006 19:29, Mo Awkati wrote:

> Thanks Peter, I'll give it a go. I have been trawling the net not much
> success, but I'll give SuSE a go.

Oops, I thought it was SuSE? The commands should be the same to whatever your
using.

If you go for the 10.2 make sure you say 'Yes' to the configure on line
updates and check for updates during the install process.

I'd advise you do this via a cable connection first. When everything is up and
running re-boot with the wifi card, I know you should be able to just plug it
in but it might help if when you re-boot you hit the 'Esc' key so you can
watch the boot process and see if the wifi card is detected.

Everyone will probably say there is no need but that's the way I do it.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon

"There is every excuse for not knowing