[Wolves] RE: Code Breaker

Peter Evans zen8486 at zen.co.uk
Wed Dec 6 16:18:55 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 06 December 2006 15:19, baza wrote:
> A clue I've been given, the text is in latin!
My first reaction is that your man's having a laugh!  Slowly drip-feeding responses to questions we've already posed.  But because it's annoying (me) I looked again.

Comprehensive key search using the Caesar cipher (because it's now possible that this is what it was) on the word that we've been given:

IZGXPDF
KAHYQEG
LBIZRFH
MCKASGI
NDLBTHK
OEMCVIL
PFNDXKM
QGOEYLN
RHPFZMO
SIQGANP
TKRHBOQ
VLSICPR
XMTKDQS
YNVLERT
ZOXMFSV
APYNGTX
BQZOHVY
CRAPIXZ
DSBQKYA
ETCRLZB
FVDSMAC
GXETNBD
HYFVOCE

Note: Assumption that the original plain text was written using Latin alphabet where J's are written as I's, all U's are written as V's and W is non-existent meaning that modulo 23 is used. This also neatly resolves the problems I posed with the 224 and 225 patterns.

Any Latin speakers out there?  I don't recognise anything like a word in this lot.
--
Regards,

Pete Evans