[Wolves] VM Ware / Ubuntu Help

James Dalley j.dalley at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Dec 14 12:14:26 GMT 2006

Hi All,

I've got Ubuntu running as a virtual machine with VMware player so as i have a copy i cannot do any damage with when i'm messing around, but when i type 'su' it asks me for my password which i enter, then it returns a cannot authenticate message. If i enter su then the command on the same line it says 'unknown id:<command>' but if i type the command on its own it will run but with lesser options. I'm not that competent, so am i missing something? Also i have 99% filled the virtual disk which is only 3Gb, is there any way i can increase this, maybe by getting the server version?

Many thanks in advance,

James D