[Wolves] Nvu question

baza baza at themauvezone.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Dec 17 16:44:11 GMT 2006

On Sun, 2006-12-17 at 06:53 +0000, Stuart Langridge wrote:
> On 12/16/06, Andy Wootton <andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> > file:///var/www/ ( or maybe file://var/www/; I can never remember which
> > is the correct syntax)
>
> Three forward slashes. Think of it this way: http://whatever has two
> slashes, so you need file:// followed by your path. But your path is
> /var/www/whatever, since all Unix paths begin with a slash. So,
> file:// + /var/www is file:///var/www -- three slashes.
>
> sil

OK, how would this work if you're editing webpages on your server from
another computer on your network. Lets assume your webserver is located
at 192.168.0.2 and you want to edit the site with nuv from another pc?

The above file wotsit only works if I run nvu on the server, what I
can't workout is how to get nvu to speak to 192.168.0.2/var/www/ from a
remote pc.

Baz
--
http://walkertopia.com/blog