[Wolves] Ubuntu 6.06 LTS help needed

Simon Fielding simonw_f at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Dec 18 17:42:12 GMT 2006

You would think so wouldn't you.  However, there are
lots of people with similar problems and a registered
bug (#47197) with no sign of a response. It's not an
uncommon controller and the driver module is in 6.06
but not in the initrd image so you can't easily
install to a drive on one.  I was just hoping that
someone might know how to build an installer initrd so
I can bootstrap the process - I don't really want to
go with FC5 because I don't want to upgrade every 6
months - that was why I wanted to go with 6.06 - but
at least it will install. I suppose that if you can't
even install it, you don't have to worry about
providing the long term support

Cheers,
Simon