[Wolves] printer problem

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 19 00:54:32 GMT 2006

--- baza <baza at themauvezone.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-12-18 at 19:01 +0000, David Morley
> wrote:
> > On 18/12/06, baza <baza at themauvezone.fsnet.co.uk>
> wrote:
> > > Hi, can anyone advise me on a printer issue?
> I've got an HP Deskjet 3745
> > > printer. It's detected as a 3740, which is ok,
> but when I try to print
> > > to it the printer info always reports 'job
> stopped', hitting 'resume'
> > > dose not get things moving. This is on Ubuntu
> 'Edgy'.
> > >
> > > Any help welcome
> > >

> > Try using hp-toolbox it is a hell of a lot more
> informative than cups
> > even though it uses the cups protocol
>
> OK, I keep getting this message: DeskJet-3740
> (Default Printer)
> "/usr/lib/cups/filter/foomatic-rip failed" to print
>
> Not sure what it means, other than the printer does
> not print! lol

As far as I can tell, it is supported according to
http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-DeskJet_3745
which I'm sure you will have read.

In my experience using drivers for one similarly named
model for another won't work with HP printers but the
page above suggests that it is functionally similar to
a 3840.

It seems from
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=320223
somebody else has this problem so it might be worth
following this thread and maybe adding your thoughts.

Make sure you have hpijs, hplip and hplip-data
installed.

Other than that I'm outta thoughts.

Ad

--