[Wolves] samba help

Simon Morris mozrat at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 08:47:37 GMT 2006

On 15/02/06, Baza <baza at themauvezone.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
> OK, here's the story so far: I've got samba running on my Ubuntu box,
> from it I can see my iMac and browse the shared folder.
>
> The problem I'm having is the iMac being able to see the Ubuntu box.
> Can anyone post a simple smb.conf file that I can stick on the Ubuntu
> box that -should- fix this?

Did you check smbd was running OK? And that you don't have IPTables
blocking the connection attempts from the Mac?

Also you be aware that you need to define a separate SMB password from
your UNIX password.

smbpasswd -a baza

will create you a password that can be used to logon to your SMB
daemon. The default smb.conf file should allow you access to your home
directory.

Do you see much activity in /var/log/(smb|samba)/smb.log ?

Thanks

--
~sm
Jabber: mozrat at gmail.com