[Wolves] hardware talk

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 12:45:18 GMT 2006

On 17/02/06, Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.co.uk> wrote:
> On Friday 17 February 2006 09:13, Andrew Lewis wrote:
>
> > Thanks folks, but I should have explained a bit better I think. It's a
> > bios security password, not a password to get into the bios. I'd be
> > through in under a minute if it was an ordinary bios password. With a
> > bios security password you don't get the opportunity to boot ANYTHING or
> > even POST the machine until you enter the correct password.
>
> I still favour removing the CMOS otherwise your stuffed :(

Surely there must be a jumper somewhere on teh board that will allow
you to reset the BIOS totally.  Which should have the effect of
clearing this password?  I will admit, though, I haven't seen this
sort of password before.  I have come across the normal BIOS security
password that in effect sets up a BIOS admin.

Something has to boot up, albeit at a very low level, in order for the
security password to be enabled in the first place.

What make is the BIOS?
Xmas may be over but,  PLEASE DON'T drink and drive you'll make it to
the next one that way.

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay