[Wolves] What have I done?

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Mon Feb 27 15:14:30 GMT 2006

On Monday 27 February 2006 14:54, David Morley wrote:

> Maybe, and this is a longshot, it isn't grub at fault at all but a
> file that it points to.  Which Suse exactly is it because I read there
> was a major error that was unoticed in 10.1rc4 I think and 10.1rc5
> followed three days latter with the fix.

Funny you should mention 10.1 it was a KDM-10.1 release that borked my
original SuSE, if I hadn't of been so impatient I wouldn't be in the pickle I
am in now.

My system went T-up Saturday morning by Sunday afternoon the fix was available
but by then it was too late for me.

Lesson here is, Even if you think your system is totally ruined wait at least
a week before taking drastic measures. I am now hitting myself with a rather
large rock as punishment for not taking my own advice.

Thank god I have a backup strategy, if anyone hasn't or thinks they don't need
one rest assured YOU DO!

I am running 10.0, interestingly there is a similar thread on the Fedora list.
You don't think Grub is faulty by any chance?

--
Regards
Peter Cannon
Jabber:highwayman.turpin at gmail.com