[Wolves] XFree86 3.3.6

Stephen Parkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Sun Jan 1 19:51:50 GMT 2006

On 01/01/06, Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.co.uk> wrote:

> Not really I'm more an RPM guy but I love a challenge, if there was an rpm
> kernel fix then to be honest I'd have stuck with the Red Hat 6.2 or even
> tried 7.2

why so old?  you can run modern linux distro's on a 386 as long as you
can live without mozilla

> To be honest I've been playing most of the day in text mode, apt couldn't find
> pine which was a pity so I installed mutt (Text based email) and netrik (Text
> based web browser) lots of fun :)

pine is non-free (or at least was) in the debian sense so alternatives
are offered.  This is also where nano comes from which was started as
a replacement for pico the pine editor.

I haven't used netrik but like most old timers the web was textual
when i started using it so i have a soft spot for lynx.  The current
best of breed text mode browser is links2 IMHO and I often use it with
a well configured SVGATextMode or FB console it's killer and with the
-g switch is graphical too.

I did a little work on a text browser last week and did some html
rendering in curses.  I do some strange things when I am bored ;-)

sparkes

--
.oO   geek shirts at nerd.ws Oo.
perl is for nerds____  ____  ____  ____