[Wolves] ISA how to's???

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 11:06:21 GMT 2006

On 03/01/06, Stephen Parkes <sparkes at westmids.biz> wrote:
> On 02/01/06, Kevanf1 <kevanf1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Can anybody point me to a good and foolproof how to for configuring an
> > old Creative Soundblaster ISA card?
>
> If it's got jumpers set them and then set the pnp in the bios not to
> use those settings and it should be discovered by a modern distro.
>
> If it's a pnp stamp on it ;-) or set it in DOS and use loadln because
> the last time I saw one of those cards that was the prefered method.
>
> sparkes

Sadly it's a PnP jobby :-((( which is why I've always had so much
grief.  In the past I have manually loaded modules for it.  But they
did not load at boot despite setting it up to do so.  I think I got a
peep of sound out of it under a pre-release version of Xandros (one of
my tester disks).  I know I can get a decent fully working PCI card
from the shop in W'ton for about £6 or £7.  I'm loathe do so so though
as it is a very good card when it runs :-(

Is there a run through for using it 'loadln' method anywhere?  Sorry,
it's something I'm not familiar with being a GUI junkie :-/
Take care this Xmas.  PLEASE DON'T drink and drive.
Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay
Staffordshire