[Wolves] are these printers ok for linux

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 4 01:15:10 GMT 2006

Kevanf1 wrote:

>On 03/01/06, Andy Wootton <andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>Have a look at Samsung. Their £50 laser printers mention Linux on the box.
>>I read recently that their newest model prevents refill toner being used
>>though.
>>

>Surely that has to contravene competitive business rules?  Didn't
>Epson fall foul of it when they tried it with chipped cartridges?

I think the old units had a hole with a plug in through which the
originals were filled at the factory. Now they don't.The manufacturers
always tell you it will damage the printer to refill anyway. I think the
chips were a problem because they limited the number of pages you could
print even when there was toner left.