[Wolves] very small mythbox

Andrew Lewis andrew at monkeysailor.co.uk
Sun Jan 8 11:59:09 GMT 2006

Stuart Langridge wrote:

>On 1/7/06, Andrew Lewis <andrew at monkeysailor.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>There was some talk at the last meeting about making small frontends for
>>mythtv - I decided to have a bit of an experiment (hardware wise).
>>

>How much would it cost to have one of these?
>
>Aq.

I spent about £140 on the machine with the TV card in it, but I used
some parts I already had.

Between £180-£230 is about right if you're using all new, and depends on
what size hdd and memory you want, and if you want wireless, etc. The
case is around £55 and the motherboards start at about the same. You
have onboard tv out on most (possibly all) models. Tag on memory and the
laptop disk and you're still under £200.

The case does seem expensive at first, until you realise it comes with
the silent 12v psu, the 12v adapter, and all the assorted cables and
adapters you might want (except the usb adapter). An added bonus of this
build style is that the computer is almost silent if you run the case
fan off the 5v line. Well below normal THL at 18", I'd guesstimate.

Spline