[Wolves] OT: Freeview and the WV postcode

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 19:44:23 GMT 2006

On 09/01/06, Lee Parkes <leep at bogus.net> wrote:
> Hi,
> One of our neighbours was bought a freeview box for xmas but has been told that
> they can't use it in the WV post code. I'm not sure if it's a bit more specific
> to the postcode here (WV10). They have asked in various "national chain
> consumer electronics stores" and been told the same thing: "you need a new
> aerial".
>
> Any idea if this is true or not?
>

> Cheers,
> Lee

What transmitter do you get your signal from?  If it's the Wrekin then
you should be ok.  If it's the Sutton transmitter you should still be
alright :-)  I 'think' they are the ones for the W'ton area.  Over
here in Cheslyn Hay we get ours from either transmitter but I
personally get signals from the Wrekin.

However, the best place to go is here:

http://www.freeview.co.uk/

enter your postcode and away you go.  It will give you the details of
whether you are likely to be succesfull.  You may well need to upgrade
your aerial - we had to...at a cost of £120 :-(((((  unless you DIY of
course.  What you have to remember is that the digital signal is
actually a very weak one so an ordinary aerial is not always going to
do the job - unless you are lucky as some people are.

I wouldn't be without our Freeview now.  My wife will not ever have a
sat dish :-(
Xmas may be over but,  PLEASE DON'T drink and drive you'll make it to
the next one that way.
Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay