[Wolves] OT: Freeview and the WV postcode

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Tue Jan 10 02:21:39 GMT 2006

Stephen Parkes wrote:

>I'm sure all these need a new ariel mongers are just selling up.

Our loft aerial had always been OKish except for Channel 5. BT came
along and moved a wire from our house onto a pole and we lost Freeview.
The wire had apparently been boosting our signal. I went up in the loft
and discovered that the arial was pointing down at about 20 degrees
which didn't seem right so I moved it level and everything has been fine
since. Long story  but the moral was intended to be - you could get away
with a pretty poorly aligned aearial with analogue. It might be work
tweaking your current aerial before forking out for a new one.