[Wolves] ubuntu 5.10 installation error

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 19:48:38 GMT 2006

On 12/01/06, Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.co.uk> wrote:
> On Thursday 12 January 2006 12:49, Kevanf1 wrote:
>
> > Hmmm, I've installed onto a HD with XP on it and it went lovely. They
> > - SuSE 10 and XP - co-exist on the same drive without any trouble.
> > It's not a lpatop though so that may be where your problem lies...
>
> I didn't delve into that point too much as it maybe that very fact of them
> both residing on the same drive.
>
> Mine co-exists with XP as well although XP and SuSE are on separate drives.

Well, most of my drives have separate OS's on them.  But in this case
I wanted to try a dual boot for once.  So, yes, they most definitely
are on the same drive.  What order were they installed though?  I had
XP on this particular drive to start with.  MS Windwoes does not like
to be installed onto a drive after Linux has already been put on.  Put
anything MS on first and it 'should'...... be alright.  In theory ;-)
Xmas may be over but,  PLEASE DON'T drink and drive you'll make it to
the next one that way.
Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay