[Wolves] Aston Pride need help

Jono Bacon jonobacon at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 14:29:41 GMT 2006

Hi all,

Recently I have worked with an organisation called Aston Pride who are
helping to refurbish chunks of aston and improve education and
services. Recently we helped them by giving them 10 computers running
Ubuntu. They are really excited about Open Source and Linux.

The problem is with staffing. They are dependent on volunteers coming
in and helping give training and support. I was wondering if this is
something the LUG would be interested in. They are really looking to
run training courses about different tools such as The Gimp, Blender,
OpenOffice.org, Firefox, General Internet skills, general computer
skills etc.

this is an area that could *really* help those living in Aston and be
a very real and geniune contribution to the community. Naturally as
soon as a core set of people know the software, they can train each
other so it is essential at first, but our help should become less
essential over time.

Anyone interested?

  Jono