[Wolves] Shell Script "text variable"

Stuart Langridge sil at kryogenix.org
Mon Jan 16 15:52:03 GMT 2006

On 1/16/06, David Morley <davmor2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have 7 dvd orginals that have scratches and are refusing to play on
> our dvd players however they do play on my pc.  So I am ripping and
> burning them to a new disc.  What I want to do though is set up a
> shell script to do the converting back to dvd for me.  What I want the
> program to do is ask for the file name that is being converted, so I
> need to have an input line but how?  The rest I can manage because it
> is just $a or whatever.

What exactly are you planning to do? The easiest way is to require
that your shell script takes a parameter on the command line, so you
call it as "do_dvd_stuff.sh my_file_name", and then in your script the
variable $1 will contain my_file_name.

--
Aq.

<Cl0ckwork> i hate it when explorer crashes, losing my system tray,
and irc is minized to it
<slick> I hate when I kick a dog and then the owner see's me and I
have to kill him