[Wolves] Ubuntu/Kubuntu 6.06 issue?

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 12:41:52 BST 2006

Is anybody using the latest and greatest release of Ubuntu or Kubuntu,
version 6.06 LTS?  Have you tried changing the resolution through the
GUI system?  For some reason, in Kubuntu 6.06, if I try to change
resolution from the seemingly default 1152x864 down to say 800x600 it
doesn't like it.  To elaborate on that... I log out in order to
restart the x-server.  All's well up to the point where I then have to
re-login.  It loops back to the log in screen :-(  So, it's obviously
something like the resolution not being supported or perhaps too high
a refresh rate.  I'll log into a CLI later today and see what is in
the X config files and hopefully change them manually.

What I want to know is this, has anybody else had a similar problem?
I also had resolution changing problems in Xubuntu 6.06 in that it
simply will not change the resolution.  Xubuntu is unusable on this PC
because of this.

At this present moment I'm not filing a bug report for Ubuntu/Kubuntu
(I have for Xubuntu as it was a showstopper ) I want to see if it's
just me on this one.

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay