[Wolves] Ubuntu/Kubuntu 6.06 issue?

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Sat Jul 1 19:57:43 BST 2006

Kevanf1 wrote:
> Is anybody using the latest and greatest release of Ubuntu or Kubuntu,
> version 6.06 LTS?  Have you tried changing the resolution through the
> GUI system?
I haven't ever got better than 800x600 from Ubuntu through the GUI
settings on one of my systems until 6.06 but now I have. I've got the
impression from others that the GUI just offers the resolutions that are
set in the config files without much in-built intelligence and the
configs didn't always include every option that the graphics card is
capable of. Maybe they've gone a bit too far the other way now and
offered options that you don't have.