[Wolves] Google Calendar [ Not Linux specific ]

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 6 00:52:33 BST 2006

Is anyone else using it?

I've started playing tonight. I've registered my family members with
Google then shared our calendars read-only with each other. We've all
got a colour-coded calendar that shows what the whole family are doing
but we can only write entries to our own calendar. You can have multiple
calendars and share any you want to, to named users or globally, and
subscribe to them from any iCalendar client like Mozilla Sunbird or iCal
(and there's one coming in Windows Vista.)

To cut a long story short, it's Apple iCal on the web. The only weakness
seems to be PDA/phone synching but I guess the simple answer is to have
a PDA that is always on The Net. The Nokia 770 is looking very
attractive again.

It isn't fully integrated into the Google Desktop yet (see 'Personalised
Home' and 'Sign In' at the TRH corner of the search engine page) but it
can only be a matter of time. I just wish we had some idea of what the
bills will be for our web-service once Google ownz us and can threaten
to cut off our data supply. I can't see much point writing software that
isn't a web service.

Woo