[Wolves] So who was it said SuSE 10.1 was crap?

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Thu Jul 13 13:01:12 BST 2006

On Thursday 13 July 2006 12:46, dave hands wrote:

> There a known bug within the updater in SuSE 10.1 - I came across the
> situation where the updater in the tray, once I went through the Online
> Update Configuration in YAST which is necessary or YOU reports no
> updates available (which took absolutely ages to connect to the server
> etc) that it reported that one of the updates would invalidate itself
> (or something along those lines (apologies for not being more precise).
> Seeing as how it was a boxed/bought SuSE 10.1 I mailed them, logged a
> Support Issue and got sent the following link.
> http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:ZEN-Update_System_problem_in_10.1
> Basically, choose a different update source and then run YOU twice.

Hi Dave

Yeah I'd seen that problem on the SuSE mailing list, naively I thought I had
overcome that issue, probably not, I'll have a go tonight and see what
happens.

My plan was to go back over the archive @ the weekend, I remember seeing that
fix/trick, in keeping with my lazy sod persona thanks for that you've saved
me half an hour or so and time is money :)

> 10.1 is lovely, by far the best thing I've used from SuSE. We have a
> bunch of Viglen Futura M200 laptops at work and 10.1 makes them sing
> like no other distro.

I've never run it on a Laptop, seen it tho, I was toying with doing a switch
and running FC5 on my main box and SuSE on this Laptop but my girls are used
to SuSE so it wouldn't be fair.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon