[Wolves] Att: Peter Cannon: Dell S-Video lead for Lug Radio Live

Adam Sweet adam at adamsweet.org
Thu Jul 20 11:32:56 BST 2006

David Morley wrote:
> Okay fixed it now working but the lead is displaying in black and
> white so I'll pick up a new one asap.

I have an ATI card with TV out, but I can't bring it the PC it's in. The
point being that you get black and white if you are using the wrong res
or refresh rate. Try bringing it down to 800x600 @ 60Hz. I don't think I
needed to use atitvout, Ubuntu just picked it up if I booted with the TV
in and no monitor. You can play with various combinations of outputs
connected to see where the land lies and whether you can have it produce
output if you plug the TV in while the OS is running.

The black and white thing is not a cable problem, it's either a res/ref
problem or just a problem with card output and the TV. 1280x1024 at 75Hz
works fine on my main TV, but it's black and white on my other TV at any
res/ref combination.

My own laptop has a composite TV out but has w*nky S3 graphics and is
black and white and also fuzzy on all of my TVs.

Ad

--

http://blog.adamsweet.org