[Wolves] Att: Peter Cannon: Dell S-Video lead for Lug Radio Live

Alex Willmer alex at moreati.org.uk
Thu Jul 20 12:39:45 BST 2006

On Thu, July 20, 2006 11:17 am, Peter Cannon wrote:
> On Thursday 20 July 2006 10:56, David Morley wrote:
>
>> Okay fixed it now working but the lead is displaying in black and
>> white so I'll pick up a new one asap.

lack and white output might be because the television you're using accepts
composite. To svideo to composite, one can place a 470 or 500 pF capacitor
across the signals and tie the ground pins together. The page I'm
referring to for this is http://www.petersblog.org/node/1115.

> So hang on a minute do I stop spending valuable time checking with my
> suppliers, getting staff to ring round?

Sorry Peter, I didn't mean for you to go to that much trouble. I should
have said 'do you have one handy/lying around'. Incase of any uncertainty,
the official Dell lead is part 470-10433. It looks like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=011&item=320008482989&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I'm going to Maplins tonight for parts. I'll post to the list once I know
more. I'll email show at lugradio and Peter off list with my mobile number,
incase it's needed.

Alex