[Wolves] What the hell does it want???

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 1 12:58:32 BST 2006

--- Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I have a script that supposedly will get the network
> working on Ubuntu Breazy.
> Apparently I need to run this comand
>
> #peter at ubuntu:/etc/init.d$sudo update-rc.d -f
> 3comscript.sh start 99 2 3 4 5
>
> If I put dots after the numbers it cries about
> expecting after start NN
> whatever that is?
>
> Whats wrong? or put another way what am I doing
> wrong?

Have a look at man update-rc.d. -f tells it to remove
the script from the start-up links in the various
run-levels. Thats is the liekyl problem, you are
trying to add the link. Try removing the -f.

If I'm wrong and the whole world caves in then you get
to keep the rubble ;) Check the man page first to make
sure it's what you want to do.

I guess around now you are wishing that Debian/Ubuntu
had the nice RH/FC setup tool ;)

Ad

--

http://www.drinky.org.uk