[Wolves] Is the party over for SuSE?

Simon Morris mozrat at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 20:37:38 BST 2006

On 03/06/06, Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Just been catching up on the SuSE mailing list 10.1 is still getting a
> hammering of complaints its degenerated into people asking if Microsoft have
> secretly purchased Novell!!
>
> I was particularly interested in the screen saver failures as mine keeps
> crashing too, it never used to, I hope 10.1 updates are not creeping into the
> 10.0 tree again last time that happened it was an update for gdm which
> totally killed X.
>
> The best of it was the Novell guys made out it was an improvement for the next
> release (10.1) ROTFLMAO

I've been having an idle poke around the archives - seems people
aren't that happy which is a shame.

2 "interesting" points though..

* The Most Annoying Bugs page [0] on the OpenSUSE wiki is fairly
small, and the majority of major problems seem to be related to SUSE
not shipping binary closed drivers (or something - I haven't read the

* There hasn't been a single blog post on Planet SUSE [3] saying there
are problems.

I'm still a happy 10.1 user so maybe someone should shoot and have me
stuffed and mounted at Novell HQ.

[0] http://en.opensuse.org/Bugs:Most_Annoying_Bugs
[1] http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux-e/2006-Jun/0002.html
[2] http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux-e/2006-Jun/0016.html ( I
can't even find the beginning of this thread )
[3] http://www.planetsuse.org/
--
~sm
Jabber: mozrat at gmail.com