[Wolves] mail server hosts

Rob Annable rob at annable.co.uk
Tue Jun 6 18:50:52 BST 2006

On 06/06/06, Adam Sweet <drinky76 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Rob Annable <rob at annable.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > On 04/06/06, Ade <adrian.bradshaw at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I would seriously consider Zimbra, there are many
> > people offering
> > > hosted Zimbra theses days
> > > http://www.zimbra.com/partners/zimbra_hosting.html
> > >

> > Looks like an interesting option. If I said I was
> > interested in using
> > a UK firm to host it, would I be a complete idiot?
> > Can't see one on
> > the list.
> >
> > Dunno why, I just like the idea that my data is just
> > down the road.
>
> Well my company is just up the road, Wellington,
> Telford to be exact. We could host it for you, though
> I I'm not sure we'd want to absorb the cost of the
> Network Edition on your behalf. I speak here as a
> sysadmin not a salesperson, I don't know about the
> pricing side and whatnot.
>
> Our website is http://www.secweb.co.uk/ for some
> details of costs and options. You can mail me off list
> to discuss options and features that you require if
> you like. Hosting Zimbra wouldn't be one of our off
> the shelf products and so would be negotiable based on
> services required, hosting, server rental/purchase.
>
> We also do regular company mail hosting with
> POP3/webmail at a reasonable price, it depends whether
> that offers the features you require.
>
> We host Linux only :)

Thanks Adam, that sounds like an offer worth exploring, although I
think we'll need the network edition. Putting aside the largely
unjustifiable UK bias for a moment, one of the most competitive
services seems to be this one:

http://www.smedia.info/hosting-zimbra.asp

We'd be in the 3-24 users category for $6.35 per user per month. That
seems like a pretty reasonable price. Another UK option I've found is
this one:

http://www.keepnet.net/ProductsandServices1.htm

But I've yet to interegate their prices yet.

If you think there's any room for a discussion about how we could get
the network edition going for a reasonable price I'd definitely be
interested.

Rob