[Wolves] Hey, this is interesting...

Daniel Jones djones9960 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 09:22:05 BST 2006

On 06/06/06, Andy Wootton <andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Peter Cannon wrote:
> > On Tuesday 06 June 2006 11:37, Joe Wrigley wrote:
> >
> >> http://www.ajaxwrite.com/
> >>
> > Looks alright, however I was thinking more along the lines of discussions
> > we've had in the past about web based desktops. So being able to just log
> > into Google and have all the basic apps allows people to work anywhere.
> >
> You mean more like the word processor Google already own?
> http://www2.writely.com/info/WritelyOverflowWelcome.htm
>
> Do you remember when the Goobuntu desktop rumour escaped and Google said
> they didn't intend to compete with Microsoft on the desktop. That's
> because they don't intend there to be a desktop. You just plug your
> Google device into your Google socket and pay your monthly Google bill.
> We'd die without water but we trust someone else to manage that  for us.
> As far as the Board of Directors are concerned, someone else already
> manages the service and it's that bunch of weirdos in IT. Look at the
> way they dress and no-one understands a word they say you know...
> > Its the old safety net syndrome "Oh gawd my computers broken I cant work"
> >
> What's a 'computer' Grandad?

Heh.  They've given me a spreadsheet account.

Trouble is, the first .xls file I tried didn't work unless I saved it
in Excel 5.0 format, and even then the formatting was messed up.
(Though I suppose that could have been more to do with the transfer to
Excel 5.0 than anything)

The formulas were OK though.  But I do think this needs a little work...
(though my expectations weren't too high, it is a beta after all...)

--
Dan