[Wolves] Hey, this is interesting...

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Fri Jun 9 16:39:39 BST 2006

> No offence intended Pete. I was projecting forward a decade to when
> Google are the new Microsoft. A PC that fits inside a network
> wall-socket has been in the press this week. You just plug your screen,
> keyboard and mouse into sockets in the face plate.

I'm sure there is a market for a 'computer' that when turned on, network
boots (over ADSL?) and allows you to run a web browser/im client/read
email (e.g. LTSP style).

Why no one has come out with such a device using e.g. NX and charging
for it (e.g. <£30 per month + ADSL) is beyond me however. Centrally
managed, no worries re backups, viruses etc, no upfront cost for
hardware, no big bulky desktop box, lower upgrade costs in the future...
It would suck for games, but then most people have consoles for that.

David.
--
David Goodwin

[ david at codepoets dot co dot uk ]