[Wolves] Bringing advanced Free (as in Freedom) technology to Windows platforms

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 20:27:20 BST 2006

On 17/06/06, Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.co.uk> wrote:

> Urrhh I guessed you could do it that way but I'd prefer 'Plug and Go' I
> know nothing about programming but if it all runs of the USB stick
> inside the folder 'mobility-mail' wouldn't you just need a Linux based
> executable that could instigate it and the relevant libraries? could
> they co-exist inside the same folder Windows dll's and Linux? I'm sure
> someone clever could make it sort of auto-sensing or failing that just
> have two executables 1.Linux 2.Windows.

I think it would work if you could use a format that both Linux and
Windows could read.  What's the mail directory format that they both
can read?  Is it mbox?  I know I was able to swap between Kmail in
Linux and Pegasus in Windows using this format.

I'm thinking some way of allowing the programs to read the mailboxes
from a separate folder.  In this case that folder would be kept on the
USB pen drive.

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay