[Wolves] Bringing advanced Free (as in Freedom) technology to Windows platforms

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Tue Jun 20 07:24:39 BST 2006

On Monday 19 June 2006 21:36, Shane M. Coughlan wrote:

> OK, this is strange voodoo and has me confused.  I have no idea why you
> are having a problem.  I confess that I usually use my server SMTP
> rather than ISP SMTP, and that means that my mail tends to work wherever
> I am.  I'm not really an expert in debugging these things (hangs head in
> shame).

Work has got some strange setups, what I generally have to do in KMail is put
my settings in then hit the "Check what server supports" button then after a
second or two press apply and everything works. Don't know how, don't know
why but it works. PS and at home as well.

Of course there is no 'check' option with TBird/Mobility :(

> I was actually referring to situations when you contact the guys running
> a project and ask for a fix to a problem...and get the reply "fix it?
> FIX IT?  We're BUSY!  YOU FIX IT!"

LoL I've seen that response on every list I am or have been a member of even
this one. I used to think it was a sort of 'close ranks' type of thing "We
would love more people to get into Linux, hang on this is a select group we
don't want outsiders being as smart as us!" I realise thats not true now
actually sometimes I think its a cover story for "We ain't got a clue how to
fix it but we don't want to look stupid".

> True.  But then again we can't please everyone.  There are limits to
> what five guys with no money can build.

A Nation? "Ideas cost nothing and can change the world" not sure who said
that? it cant be me as I'm never 1st :D

> I need to talk to you about that.  I think I need to source an ICT
> supplier for bits and bobs.

Groan, here we go another punter with 'Champane tastes and Lemonade pockets'
oh 'and the arse out their trousers'

Only kidding you won't be the first on the list I've looked after and I doubt
you'll be the last. Email me off list with what you want and I'll get you
some prices.

> >> Hm...if you could email me off-list with more specifics I'm sure I could
> >> help you.  Failing that I can haul in another member of the Enigmail
> >> team.
> >
> > That is very generous of you, I will email you from home where most of my
> > balls ups are located. Either tonight or over the next couple of days.
>
> No problem.  Contact me anytime and I'll try to chase answers for you.
> I cannot promise that it'll get answer right away, but I can tell you
> that I *always* follow through on these matters.

Will try and look at this tonight.

> Erm, yes.  You need to set filters against every account.  I
> occasionally find it a pain too.  It is also possible to set a filter to
> run on 'Local Folders' but I don't have a great deal of experience with
> that voodoo either.

I'm pretty sure KMail sets them against the Local folder ie inbox so all the
filters regardless of email account are set against incoming mail.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon